Chicago’s venture funding dropped in May but remains healthy, with startups raising $257 million according to Chicago Inno.
Some of the leading startups and tech companies in Chicago to raise funds in May include:
- Fintech startup Amount, which raised $100 million in a Series D round run by VC firm Westcap
- Digital marketplace BluePallet, which “came out of stealth mode” to receive $4 million in funding
- Cryptocurrency insurance company Evertas which raised $5.8 million in a seed round
- Biotech startup Grove Biopharma, which raised $4 million for a new project which could lead to a treatment for conditions such as MS, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Startup Kin Insurance, which raised $64 million in a round co-led by Senator Investment Group and Hudson Structured Capital Management.
- Obie, which raised $10.7 million following last year’s $2.8 million seed round